Grants up to £5000 over one year
The main priorities for the Assura Community Fund 2021 are projects which benefit the mental health and wellbeing of individuals where the majority are living within a 15-mile radius of Assura owned healthcare buildings.
To check if the location of the majority of beneficiaries of your project would be within 15 miles of an Assura owned healthcare building click this link and enter a relevant postcode
Programme activities must be targeted towards improving mental and emotional health and wellbeing, which can include gaining support for life challenges and providing increased activities and opportunities to learn new skills, to enable improved self-confidence, self-esteem and a strong sense of belonging.
The programme wishes to support people of all ages including:
- Vulnerable people affected by the covid-19 pandemic who are in need of support for their mental health and wellbeing post-covid-19.
- People with mild to moderate depression and anxiety.
- People with long-term and enduring mental health problems.
- People that frequently use primary care services.
- Vulnerable groups and people who are socially isolated (low-income single mothers, recently bereaved elderly people, people with chronic physical illness, those recently made redundant, those with caring responsibilities and newly arrived communities).
- People living in places with the highest levels of disadvantage (due to income deprivation, poorly paid jobs, lack of access to support) who are often at a much higher risk of experiencing mental health problems.