Deadline 14th August 2023
Funding is intended to deliver permanent and significant changes or improvements for Armed Forces communities, where there are hidden needs not being met by current service provision.
A small number of grants of up to £300,000 for three to five years are available.
Charities in the UK that have been registered for at least three years are eligible to apply.
Groups must be able to demonstrate clear evidence of experience working with the specific Armed Forces community that the application would support. Charities which are not Armed Forces specific may apply, but must work in partnership with Armed Forces organisations.
Grants could cover:
- Staff time, including time required to manage volunteers that may be involved in the project.
- Sessional staff or freelancers needed for the project.
- Appropriate clinical supervision for workers who are supporting vulnerable individuals.
- Purchasing items that can enable the project’s activities to take place (such as art materials, sport/games/outdoor equipment etc).
- Purchasing items to provide support, such as additional telephones or laptops.
- Reasonable costs for storing and transporting items, including wear and tear on private vehicles.
- Reasonable overheads that reflect the cost to the organisation of delivering its services.