Deadline 9th November 2020
The funding is for charities and social enterprises in England occupying historic buildings to develop new business plans and strategies in light of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
Grants of up to £50,000 are available per organsation.
Examples of what they can fund include:
- Business planning consultants.
- Marketing, digital outputs and social media consultants and associated costs.
- Accounts and financial advisors.
- Costs of community engagement work to gauge demand for proposed new uses or to advertise them to the community (e.g. outreach, pop-up events, consultations).
- Costs of audience development work, including gauging potential for new tenants or types of tenants.
- Legal costs where these are critical in establishing the viability of proposed new uses (e.g. advice on restricted covenants).
- Specialist VAT advice to identify the most tax efficient approach to the project.
- VAT costs that cannot be reclaimed.
- Consultants that provide specialist advice on re-opening post COVID-19.
- Fundraising Strategy consultants.
- Organisational overheads capped at 20% of the award, to enable the organisation to spend the time necessary to engage properly with the business planning process.