The funding aims to support VCSE organisations establish whether their project is feasible and focus on understanding the condition of the building, how it might be used, and whether that intended use is appropriate for the building and likely to be sustainable.
Funding it up to £10,000 for one year. The funding will cover project and core costs.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Involve the new use of a vacant historic building.
- Help revive high streets.
- Are in the top 30% most deprived areas.
- Involve and support diverse communities (traditionally underrepresented among heritage asset owners).
- Have a strong focus on environmental sustainability and energy efficiency.
- Contribute to local regeneration schemes.