Deadline 15th December 2021
Allchurches Trust has launched an emergency grant programme to support churches and Christian charities helping to tackle the Afghanistan evacuee crisis. The Afghan Evacuees Emergency Grants Programme will help churches and Christian charities to support evacuees resettling in the UK from Afghanistan, giving them a better chance of a fresh start.
Funding can be used to cover costs associated with the resettlement of Afghan evacuees, including:
- Personal items, such as clothing, mobile phones, food or baby items.
- Home items such as furniture.
- Language support, such as English classes and translation services.
- Integrating and settling, such as drop-in sessions, welcome parties, UK life courses, or befriending programmes.
- Expenses for volunteers/facilities, such as rental costs, training, or DBS checks.