The aim of this grant funding is the updating and refurbishment of village halls so that they are fit for purpose and provide activities which seek to achieve one or more of the following outcomes for their communities:
- Improved health and wellbeing/reduction in loneliness
- Demonstrates a positive impact on the environment
- Supports the local rural economy
This is a £3 million fund which has been made available to ACRE to fund Village Halls. The scheme will fund up to 20% of eligible costs, with a minimum grant of £10,000 and a maximum grant of £75,000 payable. This means overall scheme costs would be between £50,000 and £375,000.
To apply organisations must either be:
- Registered Charities
- Charitable Trusts
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations
- Community Associations which are registered Charities
- Multi-purpose Church Halls and Scout and Guide buildings are also eligible where they are open for the whole community, there is no alternative village hall in situ, they are not single use and they are clearly advertised as multi-purpose.
- Charitable Companies.
The following criteria apply:
- Halls must be in towns or villages of under 10,000 people.
- Applicants should have a freehold or leasehold interest in the hall in place. If there is a lease in place, there must be at least 21 years left to run on the lease.