When the UK leaves the EU there may be changes to how UK organisations, such as charities, businesses and universities are funded.
The government has guaranteed that UK organisations will continue to receive funding over their project’s lifetimes if they have successfully bid into EU-funded programmes before we leave the EU.
This information may affect your business if:
- you currently receive funding from an EU programme
- you expect to apply for funding from an EU programme in the future
What your business needs to do now
- Your business needs to understand the changes. Familiarise yourself with the guidance for the funding your business has applied for. You can read the government’s guidance on the EU funding guarantee. Additional detail on specific programmes is also available.
- Be aware of the timings. There are some things your business may need to do now to prepare for leaving the EU without a deal. Each fund is different so refer to the guidance that’s relevant to your programme.
- Submit your information if you are a recipient of EU Direct Bid funds. Your business will need to give details about projects that are eligible under the UK government’s guarantee. Read the government’s guarantee before submitting.
- Submit your information if you are a recipient of Horizon 2020 Funding.
- Stay updated. Some of these requirements may change depending on the terms on which the UK leaves the EU. Revisit this page or sign up to email alerts on the signposted pages to stay up to date.