Sector Support North East Lincolnshire have created this page to provide up to date information to all VCSE organisations with regard to Covid-19 and its impact on local services. If your organisation would like something posting regarding your service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
North East Lincolnshire Voluntary and Community Sector Survey: Covid-19 Support
We have witnessed an amazing community response to the challenges created by the Covid-19 (coronavirus) epidemic.
If you are considering setting up a group of local volunteers to help neighbours in your part of North East Lincolnshire, please check online to see if any local groups have already been set up, and contact them first. Alternatively, contact your local community centre or charity to see if you can support their work.
If you still want to set something up and need advice and guidance on issues like safety, volunteering and data protection, you can contact Sector Support North East Lincolnshire. Sector Support are funded by the Council and Clinical Commissioning Group and are helping to co-ordinate community and voluntary sector activity across North East Lincolnshire.
Sector Support NEL will help to ensure that groups, individuals, charities and businesses in local wards are connected to each other and that resources and information are being shared effectively.
They can be contacted on 07572 896859 (Amy Hallett) or 07791 040433 (Pippa Robson), or email email@example.com. Their website is:
If you are already involved in a community group that is helping to support older, vulnerable or isolated people, please let Sector Support NEL know what support you can offer and what help you need by completing this survey:
Businesses that want to offer their support are also welcome to complete our survey or get in touch.
Fact Sheet For signposting
This information sheet has been compiled by Sector Support North East Lincolnshire and will be updated twice-weekly or when significant changes occur.
If users of this information sheet become aware of incorrect or out of date information, please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, copying email@example.com or call 07572 896859 or 07791 041459.
Are you a local community group or organisation looking for new volunteers to help you to support the isolated and vulnerable in your community?
Sector Support North East Lincolnshire are helping to coordinate voluntary and community sector activity and can link you up with volunteers from Blue Lights Brigade – call 07791 041459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your volunteers are stopped by the police, do you have a mechanism of providing evidence to support their claim to being a Volunteer Key Worker for your organisation?
Need help with this speak to Sector Support – we have a process that we can share with you – call 07791 041459 or email email@example.com
- We have published a page on all local VCSE services status regarding closure and changes made due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Click here to view the page.
- COVID-19 Community Response – Statement from Cllr Shepherd, Portfolio Holder for Safer and Stronger Communities. Click here to view statement.
- volunteer to help the community during the Covid-19 pandemic with Blue Lights Bigade, click here for more information.
- Mental Wellbeing resources-COVID-19, click here for more.
- Waltham Parish Council Coronavirus (Covid-19) Outbreak – Information for Residents, click here for more.
- North East Yorkshire and The Humber Department for Work and Pensions have released information regards to managing the coronavirus situation. For the full information click here.
- North East Lincolnshire Council have released a General advice & guidance for employers, travellers and individuals, what to do if you think you have Covid-19, symptom, how to reduce the risk etc. which is being regularly updated , you can find more by clicking here.
- Humber LEP have published business support during the Coronavirus pandemic, Click here to read there full article
- Children Safeguarding courses have been cancelled up until May. To find out more click here.
- The Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub is aiming to provide as much support as possible to businesses across Lincolnshire looking for support to cope with the effects of the coronavirus outbreak. Click here for more information.
- Free HR/Employment Law Helpline, click here for more.
- Business Support Interventions in the Humber for Covid-19 Response. Click here for more.
- Twinkl Audible App for Children Stories, click here for more.
- Pharmacies in North East Lincolnshire by Healthwatch NEL. Click here for more.
- Scams advice during coronavirus outbreak, click here for more.
- Information: GP new Patient registrations – Update in response to COVID-19, click here for more.
- North East Lincolnshire Supermarket Information, click here for more.
- Website Fraud advice, Click here for more information.
- COVID-19: Helpline launched for area’s most vulnerable people, click here for more.
- Department for Work and Pensions update, click here for more.
- National Energy Action (NEA) are still open and available for referrals. Currently all support is telephone based. Click here for more.
- Fitmums and Friends – Stay at home Mile, click here for more.
- Suicide is Everyone’s Business. Information published by Spectrum People. Click here for more.
- Yorkshire and Humber Regional Organised Crime Unit Newsletter, click here for more
- Andrew Jackson Solicitors – Coronavirus: Your top questions answered, click here for more.
- North East Lincolnshire Council is proud to be working with Employers For Carers to help businesses and health partners in North East Lincolnshire support and retain Carers in their workforce. Click here for more.
- Chairty warns social distancing could lead to a surge in harmful drinking, click here for more.
- Safeguarding Factsheet: Community volunteers during COVID-19 outbreak. Click here for more information.
- The Charity Commission have published some guidance to help with running your charity during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Click Here for further information.
- MyCake and free lancers workers have release a paper called ‘Are you Directly or Financially affected by COVID?’ which states some thoughts, ideas and links for freelancers & the self-employed, you can download the document here.
- Doctors of the World have published a Covid-19 materials in various languages. Click here to find out more.
- CIPD have now opened their COVID-19 Employer/HR support resources to all. They can be located here.
- How to access government financial support if you or your business has been affected by COVID-19 , click here for further information.
- Money Advice Service have released some guidance regarding the Covid-19. Click here to find out more.
- Social Care for Institute for Excellence have published the latest resources from Social Care Online, click here.
- GLAA Continuing to protect workers during the coronavirus outbreak, read more here.
- GOV.UK – You can get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person, click here to find out more and register.
- Regulator promises to be ‘flexible and pragmatic’ during outbreak, click here for more
- Public Health England have released guidance on home care provision, click here for more.
- The Mental Health Foundation have released information on looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak. Click here for more.
- Giving World: Committed to provide free service to the communities, and those vulnerable people in need and/or in self- isolation. Click here for more.
- UK Youth and National Youth Agency have created a document to support young people through the Covid-19 pandemic. Click here for more.
- Carers UK have offer support to carers and those you look after. Click here for more.
- Information Commissioner’s Office: Data protection and coronavirus, what you need to know. Click here for more.
- list of resources and services for children’s/ young person’s emotional wellbeing has been shared, click here for more.
- Are volunteers on lockdown? Click here for more.
- Art Council – have released the Covid-19 support they are offering (
Opens 9th April – Deadline 16th April 2020) click here for more.
- Power to Change Currently Paused Grants, click here for more.
- North East Lincolnshire Council publish access the small business grant, click here for more.
- The Sylvia Adams Charitable Trust – Early Years’ Preventive work in England and Wales regards to Coronavirus have recently changed their spring application due to the pandemic. The aim is to support small and medium-sized charities, which may need extra assistance at this time (Deadline 28th April). Click here for more information.
- Facebook for Business has announced outline details of a new funding scheme designed to help small businesses under threat of survival owing to the coronavirus pandemic. Click here for for more information.
- The National Emergency Trust has established the National Emergencies Trust COVID-19 Appeal. You can find out more by click here.
- Grantfinder: Funding news related to coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, click here for more information.
- Charitable Aid Foundation (CAF): Coronavirus Emergency Fund – CAF have released a Fund to help smaller charitable organisations in the UK affected by the impact of Covid-19. Click here for more.
- Sport England: Community Emergency Fund – immediate funding to sport groups in need, click here for more.
- Tesco Bags of Help Covid-19 Communities Fund – Tesco Bags of Help is responding to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis by setting up a new short-term fund to support communities in need. Click here for more.
- New Covid-19 Film and TV Emergency Relief Fund, Click here for more.
- Yorkshire Building Society’s Charitable Foundation aims to help alleviative poverty, improve health and save lives. Click here for more.
- Indigo Trust – Emergency grants – Indigo Trust is taking immediate action to more than double its annual expenditure to alleviate suffering from the COVID19 crisis. Click here for more.
- Government announce cash support for food redistribution during coronavirus outbreak, click here for more.
- The latest information regarding the Heritage Fund and the support offered regarding Covid-19. Click here for more.